Monday, April 30, 2007

Judges Seminar over the weekend.


Good Morning Folks,
I love this photo of the crew, with myself and Monika Karlsdottir visiting from Iceland. The dogs look sooo young, hard to believe that this was taken two years ago, I think I will have to try and get some group photos of the dogs this summer for the albums.


What a good long weekend, Jason took Friday off work, and stayed home to work on one of the new inside Dog pens that has a pop out door to their own private 20 by 8 by 6 doggy run. I still need to paint and do the finishing touchs but I am thrilled to have it come up for the girls heats, as I will be able to safely keep everyone inside, without having to use very much to almost no crate time, instead they will have large indoor pens in the attached dog room, and their own outdoor pen to hang in.
We have plans to set up three more in the same area so that will be a wonderful help in being able to manage the dogs while the females are in heat and the males can't be with them etc.
Otherwise, we worked outside on friday a bit, and got some more scrubs planted, we are creating a flower bed and garden with bushes to help provide shade in front of the dogs pens, will give the dogs more shade, and will make it look nicer for everyone.
So Friday night was getting ready to go Saturday for the judges seminar, so up bright and early on saturday and off we went, good drive, lots of rain but still it was a good drive, and we arrived on time, and the hosts where wonderful..
I loved their dog training area!, I want one LOL, they have a huge covered areana, half is smooth cement, with ring mats down, for show/obedance training, and the back half, a full size agiltiy training center, sweet! It was a great set up, and I would love to someday have something simular for my own dogs to train in on property.
So the semianar itself went very well, we gave out the Standard with drawings, and we have the DIF video, and many other books and four ISD's for the judges to see. We had two males, two females, two long hair, two med coated, Black tri's and yellow gene dogs. lots of white, and little white, so a good cross section of the breed in these terms.
The judges where interested and very kind to us, they asked lots of questions and seemed quite interested in the breed. All in all a wonderful way to spend a few hours, everyone who knows me, knows get me talking about ISD's and I can go forever LOL
However last week, we had those very bad wind storm (knocked the rabbit hutch over) and I was outside in it a bit, and got wind in my ears, and so over the week, my ears and throat just kept getting worse and worse, by Saturday, I was on full meds to appear normal :) and when done, got in the truck and my head felt like it would explode, so took some more meds and had a nap on the way home, thank goodness for willing hubbies that help in these things, Went to bed early saturday and most of sunday morning, was spent getting some extra sleep, Jason was in charge upstairs and the dogs seemed to think that is fine, but most of them piled on the bed with me and gave me much needed cuddles and kisses to make me feel better, nothing much better then a living, loving furry hot water bottle ;)
So after I got up, worked outside in my gardens for a few hours and then was tired again, so went to bed early last night and am a bit better today, and have started my normal chores, so far so good.
The dogs a fab, everyone is doing great, training is good, we are all loving the extra time outside, and they are all getting much more one on one time taking turns hanging out in the yard with me while I am working outside.. I try and switch them off, so they all get time out of the dog yard and out with me. and they all run and run and then they come back and hang with us.. and stick their noses into the ground, or boxes or whatever we are doing.. with this sweet, "What are you doing? look and a few of them know the word dig, and so we have to have a talk about, no digging in my gardens LOL
Otherwise found a stash of eggs in the barn, I knew those hens had found a place, tons of eggs, most of them fresh and good so that is great, barn critters are doing well..loving the new green grass, but today they are going to have to stay inside, I am not up to being out in the winds today to help graze them.
Hope everyone had a great weekend, and my goals for the week, painting, planting, gardening, cleaning the outside chicken area, getting better, dog training classes, (advanced agility starts tomorrow night) and getting packed and ready for my harris semianar in toronto this coming weekend.
Barks

No comments: