Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Icelandic Sheepdogs were Rocking! in Class yesterday


Hello Folks
A few things new, first check out the great line drawing of Tofra Dalla above, I think its a very good likeness of her..
So yesterday was very busy but a blast! I had three classes back to back, so dog training from 1 o'clock to 4 o'clock, got to love it.. so we had obedance class from one to two and then we had privates from 2 to 3 for Zander (show training, agility training) and then 3 to 4 for Freyja, and they all did really well, I was so proud of my Zander, he has come such a long way in regards to his show training, and I can't wait to see what he can do in the ring.. If he can hold it together as well as he did in training, he looks good..
Freyja rocked though her show training and we moved right into aglity training, she was working tunnels, table-auto down, but our main work was on weaves and I have decided that I just can't drive two hours each way to dream fields for a one hour class, when the dog in question is working at a much!! more advanced level. Jason's advice was take the 60 dollar tank of gas and have another private lesson each week with kim if you want and spend two or more extra hours training at home.
Have to agree that it makes more sense to do that then go back to training for a click and reward per paw on the low ground board.. on the other hand, Frejya did very well on her two on two off, and I was able to do a nice two step lead away and come back and release her at that point.
So last night was quiet and today is rainy, tons of rain coming down and lots of water everywhere, so I guess its a good day for laundry and maybe some baking.. and some indoor doggy games.
Trying to teach a new trick to Freyja, I am trying to teach, show teeth.. when I get it right I will take a photo of it for you.
Barks

No comments: