Saturday, April 21, 2007

Herding Training last night.

Hello Folks

Well, time for a break this morning, so will sit down and do a update.. so the weather is fine, we have well above normal temps, getting up to 22, which is nice summer weather, even the wind is warm at this point..

So lots of gardening, and lots of extra daylight hours, means lots of energy to boot, so as my youngest set of twins lambs are a month old now, thought everyone was old enough to do some really basic light herding work last night, so worked two of the young/soft dogs on the flock of sheep, by the time I did training for the two younger dogs, the lambs where tired right out, but I was not and I had not worked my older harder dogs..

So thought, why not try it, and I got the three goat kids out and to say they were not dog broke is a understatement, it was a blast, I worked Dalla first, and that helped a great deal to break the kids in to understand that I was the safe zone, and if you tried for the barn, you would get driven back to me etc.. Anyway, after Dalla, I worked Ada and then Vaskur.. by then my own legs were very sore from all my walking backwards and it was getting dark and about two hours after I started, so time to call it quits for sure.

Otherwise, up early this morning and out with the dogs, we are setting up more agility equipment, worked on some new fencing, put the goats to pasture, worked with dogs a bit on living fence patrol with the goats, moved the rabbit hutchs to their summer spot from their winter spots, got ambushed by the rooster and have a big nasty sore spot on my leg.

Jason has left for town, he is getting lumber to work on a new Dog pen, plus our regular two weeks of feed, and grocery's for the next two weeks..

Its just such a perfect day, that we are going to have steak/mushrooms/onions, with fresh baby potatoes, fresh corn on the cob, and a nice green salad for supper, and I am going to make a peach pie for dessert tonight.. Does that sound like a spring feast or what!

Well, had better get back to the grind, want to work up some flower beds and get them ready for planting later today.

Barks

No comments: