Monday, April 02, 2007

Icelandic Dogs and Weekend update!

Hello Folks,

Well, lets see what is new with the Greenstone Kennel and Misty Morning Farm..

Well in the dogs, they are all good, Momma dog is getting bigger by the day and we had puppy vistors this past saturday for about two hours, they got to meet the parent dogs to be, and got to feel babies in the belly :) and then we brought out a few more of the ISD's for them to meet, and I have to say, that I think they loved AJay, he is such a social butterfly, went to each of them and gave lots of extra love.. I was surprised to see that my Freyja played a little shy for a few min, she was very interested and wanted to be with them but it took a few min before she was ready to give kisses and face to face contact.. so It was a very good thing that we had company as she clearly needed to have folks come visiting, when the puppies come, I will have to make a point of Freyja being included as much as possable.

Well the snow is almost all gone, so this is a fun running and play photo from the last snow storm we had and I think from now on till winter, it looks like no more snow to play in, but lots of water now.

So the dogs are all well, we did a little tunnel training this weekend and I keep wanting to get the bigger pieces of agility out but so far its still a bit to wet and we would be ripping up the fields yet and that won't do.. so still only doing baby parts at this time.. sigh...

Spring has sprung and the hair is flying, I swear I am doing double brush duty and my vaccoom is so busy right now, no point in even trying to sweep, its so light it just flys about..

So on other news, we took apart the cat sitting area in the last covered Dog pen, so that we can use it for the coming litter, now that my kitty's are just loving pets and indoor and outdoor farm hunting cats, I don't need to have just a outside pen for them, so as its covered over for saftey and it has the nice canvis bottom for easy of cleaning etc, it will make a perfect puppy outside play pen.. given how nice the weather should be, I am hopeful that the puppies will be able to spend some time outside enjoying the good weather, once I get it the way I want it, I will take photos to show it off. Grandma is coming for a few weeks visit while I have puppies and I want to try and make sure that the puppies get what they need and at the same time that Grandma can come downstairs to the bathroom and not trip over babies..

So we also worked and built the frame for one of the new garden beds, and so that will be ready, have tons of things to plant as soon as the last frosts have passed..

So in the barn, the weather is good enough that we opened up the back pen and have started feeding them outside to get them to spend more time out in the fresh air and sunshine, watching them jump and leap is so! much fun..

We also had the goats and kids outside to run around and play while we worked in the barn area for a few hours, It was time to do trim some goat feet, what a job, takes forever, but then again I am still learning on that, I guess I was very lucky and always missed my folks trimming feet as a child, O well, they are done now, and the goats seem happier for it, next weekend, time to hold down the adult sheep and do their feet trimming as well, now that should be fun LOL

Otherwise, its a grey, overcast and raining morning right now, so have done dishes, and feed doggy, had them out for bathroom and they all came in soggy doggies, but at least they are not muddy.

So that gets you all caught up to date.. Nice quiet day at home today, just some grooming and dog training planned, along with regular house and outside chores..

Looking forward to tomorrow, I have a double up dog training class in the afternoons, starts at 1:30 and runs till 3:30, should be a great.

Barks

In the lead is Tofra Dalla, coming hot on her heels is Greenstone Black Pearl and they both ran right past, Greenstone Ada..

No comments: