Sunday, February 04, 2007

Thunder AHBA HCT Leg 1 - Passed

Hello Folks,

Check out his video on Utube, will need to put it in your server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7iE9VuwYmA

Wow, first off, I am so glad that Maragret told me that Doug had posted the Utube address, as I checked when I got home, but no email..

I am so pleased for Deb and Thunder, A huge Congrats! on Thunder getting his first AHBA HCT Leg one, and let me tell you folks, he is so ready for his next leg..

For those of you new to herding, let me break down some of the things that Thunder was doing very well in his video

1) He did a very nice full circles and kept the Sheep bunched to Deb

2) Switched directions of run under Deb's control, all dogs have a perferred way to run, think right and left handed like peaple, and Thunder did very well switching both ways.

3) Controlled Stop, Controlled Sit, Controlled Down and Controlled Release on both.

4) Good Flight control of his sheep, and I am so impressed, he never split then..but he does push in when needed and have control of his sheep thoughout.

5) Good Speed-Never Slows down or quits or allows himself to be distracted.

6) Good use of Voice- Just as a Icelandic Sheepdgo should have, as written in our standard, a upright, Barking, herding breed.

7) Again, very good control of his sheep, bringing them out of corners *(draws for the sheep) but again, doing it under the control of the handler, while reading his sheep's flight zone very well.

All and all, WOW, WOW, and WOW, this boy is amazing!!!!

He reminds me so much in working style of his mother Dalla, but I also know that his fathers Grandmother was reknown for Herding in Iceland, so its on both sides of the family.

Once again, what a wonderful job Thunders family has done in this regard.. Can't wait to see more video on his next trail, he is showing far more skills then required for this leg, and I for one would love to see him going for that Leg 2 and beyond.

Barks Valerie

No comments: