Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A few new lovley photos of Greenstone Apollo



Hello and Good Morning Folks

Well, let see what is new within the greenstone world of Iceland Dogs, well I have some wonderful new photos of Apollo to share with you, thanks to his family for sending them, I love this one with the ball half in and half out of his mouth, its so "wanna play with me" and then one of Apollo and Black Moon playing Foot and mouth together.. so cute. What lovely long hair Black tri's they are.. I see from the tan point markings on Apollo's legs, that he is not carrying the Chincilla gene, and I see from the Tan point markings on Black moons legs that he is carrying the Chincilla gene.. the difference if you look for it is the depth of color on the tan.. Vaskur and Alaxander (Zander) are both Chincilla carriers, but Freyja is not..wonderful strong depth to her tan points.

So it did warm up to min 24, so got the dogs out for a short run at that time, they say, it was not cold, but mom's says, yes it was..

Sharon S of Belglen Kennel was talking a while back about a game she was playing with Boogie man, in regards to teaching him how to think, it was a cardboard box, a bowl of doggy kibble, a clicker and a active puppy is required :)

So the idea is to start out making the box a target, so if the puppy touches it, click and treat, then while rewarding for contact, try and work with the puppy to get more and more interact with the box.. can he bite it, can he paw the box, can he jump in the box, move the box across the floor (that was what Freyja favorite ones were, touch it, paw it, and push it ) so far, I have not got Freyja to get in the box.. but its a biggish box, but we are going to play again today..

So for all you folks out there, just looking for something new and fun to do, while mentally working your puppy on a cold winter day, grap a box, a clicker, lots of little treats and see what your puppy can offer you.. its a good chuckle the whole way round.. keep it light and keep it fun and see how smart your puppy really is.. and then let me know how they do? and I will post it to the blog, send photos if you would like..

Otherwise, I have been baking some new doggy cookie reciepes to see if I like them enough to include in the coming newsletter, I wanted to make a high fiber doggy cookie for those that might need a little extra fiber in their systems as they are getting old, so far I have made, ham Bran cookies, (they are good, but a bit soft) and then Milk/flax cookies, they are much better at being crunchy for added dental health.. so we will see what I have ready for the coming newsletter, the dogs will eat both but I think if you put both cookies on the ground and said ok.. the milk/flax would go first most of the time.. and for peaple, made fresh blueberry bran muffin and egg pie with a kiwi compost for the top.

Let see anything else of note, hmmm, saw that the Alberta Kennel Clubs show results are up, and that at least one Icelandic was entered and shown, but no group placements or points earned as it was only one ISD at the show.. two US judges and one south american, so at least two more US judges got to see the breed, always a good thing. I will look forward to finding out what dog was entered.

I have been looking at shows for Freyja, she will be six months this month, and so can go to her first show next month.. I had been looking down south first weekend of March but Jason is gone with work for that weekend/week, so will have to look a bit later, lots of really good dogs shows up and coming in the next three months..Will keep you all posted..

Well, I had better get back to my regular morning chores, and then I will be doing some dog grooming and nail trimming..

Barks

No comments: