Monday, February 26, 2007

Icelandic Sheepdogs in Agility





Hello Folks




Iceland Sheepdogs and Agility just seems to go together, a well-breed, healthy active Icelandic normally has agility to spare in their day to day life and with their keen willingness to work with their owners, Dog Agility is sport and Game that they certainly seem to enjoy..




A number of Greenstone Icelandics are in Agility training, and I am looking forward to more Agility classes and starting AAC and CKC Trials this year. I am also thinking about heading across the border for some AKC trials.




The largest Agility club in Canada is the AAC, to learn more about this club and related information, please check out their website








The Canadian Kennel Club also offers Agility, and to learn more about that please check out their website..








A few training photos of Greenstone Ada and Belglen Runa of Greenstone last summer. Tofra Dalla is without a doubt the most advanced of the dogs (which makes sense as she is the oldest)




Greenstone Icelandic's kennel has a number of puppies now growing up in active agility homes in both Canada and the United States, If you are interested in a Icelandic as both a loving pet and as a active Agility partner, feel free to speak with me.


I love agility, and so do my dogs but I will fully admit that I enjoy playing at agility, I love the training time with the dogs, I love the look of thinking in the dogs eyes when we hit that magic moment of understanding between us. I love the joy of a Icelandic that is flying over a jump, or a A-Frame. I love the happy wag of the tail as they come flying out of a tunnel.. I just like spending time with my dogs in a way that I believe is fun for all involved.


I hope that some of you will give agility a try, you don't need to ever go to trial if you don't want to, but it will help increase your bond with your dog, help with your training on commands and off-leash work.


The only thing to make sure, is that your dog is old enough to be doing the jumps, (growth plates needed to have closed) and that they are Healthy, Lean and Fit, with well trimmed toe nails..


Otherwise, bring yourself, your time and your smiles and laughs and go enjoy a wonderful time with your favorite ISD.


Barks


Training updates to follow, Dalla/Ada both in active adult training, and Freyja starting puppy building blocks training. AJay is in at home training.

No comments: