Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Toys, Toys, Toys.. Iceland Sheepdog Love their toys!


Hello Folks,
Well, its bright and Sunny today, and once again the dogs have tracked in mud and pawprints all over my floors, I swear I am washing floors almost as much right now, as when I have puppies.. well ok, maybe not that much LOL
The dogs were playing Foot and mouth yesterday and the toy of the moment was a red spiked ball with rope on end, I swear they must have played for a good solid two hours between themselves, taking turns on who was in on the game, and finally after they have were all played out, they laid down to for a few min rest, and I snapped this photo.. I loved it personally, the shadows between the two dogs, the matching intent of "that ball is mine buddy", and I think within about ten seconds after this was took, they both went for it.. Very cute indeed.
So had a new set of twins lambs in the barn yesterday, another set of girls, so that is three out of my four ewes successfull birthed out, just one more to go.. and only one Doe Goat left to birth and my barn babies will all be here, Ok, so its not the biggest little farm, but it still keeps me busy and I can't wait to starting my herding when with the new "light" sheep to go with their "heavy, well dog broke mothers"
Otherwise, I am working on daily show grooming for the coming shows in April, Freyja starts her new Puppy Agility building blocks tomorrow night at Dream Fields, and I hope with all the work we have already done that she will be raring to go.
Starting to get excited about my coming litter, I was laying in bed this morning and giving my mom to be a little extra snuggle time, and had one hand on her belly, she still does not seem to big for me, but clearly a little expecting belly and good mammory glands development.. I will look forward to introducing them to warm fresh farm free range scrambled eggs and fresh goats milk when the time comes, and they are coming at the perfect time of the year to get to spend time outside in the warmth of spring and so many interesting things to play and do with sticks and grass etc outside..
I have been watching my breeder friends have their litters and are greatly looking forward to my own coming litter, not that they will be doing much besides eating an sleeping the first few weeks but lots of cuddles at that stage, and then comes the fun parts.
Anyway everyone have a great day, I am off to do some inside and outside work.
Barks
Ps, dogs love the turkey treats, so will post the recipe soon for you to try.

No comments: