Friday, March 23, 2007

Icelandic Sheepdogs- Dock Dogs


Hey Folks


Just a very quick update today, Dock Dogs is in full swing, and so am busy in training.

The barn critters are keeping me hopping, three new sets of twins in the past week, plus a few issues with getting the one momma to nurse her one youngin, so that is also keeping me busy. not to meantion that I have started Milking again..


The rain is making everything mucky, which means muddy feet and wet doggy coats everywhere.. ahhh, good thing is that the windows can be open full time now to help with the wet doggy smell, but the yard is covered in winter "stuff" how does it all hide under the snow, so lots of both barn, dog and yard work planned for this weekend.


On the plus side, the dogs can find every single pool of water to play in within 30 seconds of being let outside to have a good run.


Soon the snow will be gone enough for some duck training with the dogs, Freyja needs the training, she is crazy about those ducks, and needs to learn some mannors in regards to the birds, typical teenager behaviour right now.


Agility training in full swing right now, and have tried seeing how some of it works with two dogs, and strangely during some of the training, having a older better trained dog with a younger dog works well..


I know I have photos to take, Sorry guys, no new photos yet of the lambs/kids, no new photos right now of the dogs, and no photos or updates of the dogs. I will see what I can do this weekend in trying to find a little time to answer some emails (yes, I have gotten them, and I will get back to you soon!) just running a little bit much trying to get caught up from not feeling well for a number of days.
Barks

No comments: