Thursday, March 29, 2007

Farm Critter Update

Hello Folks

Sorry that I have not written in a few days, but spring has sprung and I am so busy at this point that there is not enough hours in the days! but the warmer weather and sunshine is lovely, and we had out first thunder storm of the season this week and I watch Freyja to see what she would do, and just as I hoped, she didn't care at all.

So we are finished Lambing and kidding at this time, been a lot of work, one mother refused her one kid, another mother had milking issues but knock on wood, I think that we have everything finally back under control, the sheep rocked, they just lambed and everyone was great! The goats could take notes LOL

The rest of the critters are feeling spring, have three broody hens sitting, so hope to have new chicks to round up and raise in another month or so, last year I had seven hens successfully hatch out chicks, and this year we built the ducks new nesting boxes, and when I say we, I mean Jason built the new nesting boxes, and hopefully we will have a successful hatch in ducklings this year. The ducks are loving the water ponds we have right now..

Forest of seedlings that are waiting to be moved outside and the next batch to start, plus a ton of yard things to clean up..

Such is spring.. I am dividing information so that folks don't have to read area's they don't want to hear about.

Barks

No comments: