Thursday, March 15, 2007

Greenstone Puppy Herding Test-Ducks






Hello Folks


One of the puppy tests that I have started giving, my last three litters were "Puppy Herding Tested" on ducks, and it was really wonderful to see who naturally had it, and who did not, The puppies are tested on the ducks twice with a few days apart to give them the best fair shake at it, and some of them were so into it right from the begin it was amazing..


See some of the photos posted, Greenstone Boogie Man is the mostly solid Tan pup that is working the ducks well, even starting to go behind him etc. I understand at his new home that he has a great deal of interest and is now starting on his sheep herding training.


The second pup is Greenstone Mystic Moon, she was also very interested in the ducks, but was a bit more wild about it, had them moving, she did, she is a lovely little lady that is in a great home, and in Agility training. This is a little red/white female.


Last but certainly not least! is Greenstone Black Pearl, she was and still is a firecracker in regards to herding, she will be worked with the ducks this year, but not the sheep, as I am showing her in Conformation, and I learned the hard way, with a few knocked out teeth in one of my best Show dogs last year, that she is working ducks only! thank you very much. Pearl aka Freyja is actively being trained in Conformation, and Agility. She has started her Showing season already and is in puppy agility training at this time. I had to get a photo of her in J's arms so you could see just how tiny she was, but she was sure boss of those ducks!


I will look forward to continuing to collect data from my litters and to being able to compare the puppy test results to the adult dogs in the future.


Barks

No comments: