Saturday, February 09, 2008

Spoiled Icelandic Sheepdog Mama to be



Good Morning Folks
Well if you are like me, then you are always on the look out for new things for the dogs, new toys, new chew toys, new recipes for treats or meals, new leash/collar ideas, new dog beds, basicly anything and everything that can make my dogs life more interesting/comfortable I will try it at least once.
Well, I saw this ad in the farm store, for this heated bed, now it was not cheap and I drooled a bit over the idea of it, but the cost was high..and as my first thought was that would be great for in the whelping box for puppies to sleep on, my second thought was.. hmmm can it get wet without having issues.. Well a little research later and it turns out that while it can't get dunked, it is designed for outdoor living and getting a bit damp it is to be fine..
So this week a new flyer came out and it was on sale! Well that was what I was waiting for, and off to the store we went, I got the biggest one they had, and its still only the right size for a ISD.
Well I had to plug it in and set it up and see if any of the dogs liked it.. so Bella loves it, loves it enough that i might have to go back and get her one of her own in the future.. I am sure that the gentle warmth helps her sore older hips etc.
But the main dog that has "claimed it" is Runa, she first sat on it, then layed down and then leaned over and closed her eyes with a Ahh does that feel good, now it seems everytime I turn around she is laying down on it.. so I just had to get a photo of how cute she looks on her heated bed..Do you think she will share with the puppies?
Puppy countdown only nine more days till we have new Icelandic Sheepdog puppies Due
Have a good day from the Waggy Tailed Icelandic Sheepdog Gang..

No comments: