Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I want my Whelping Box!! LOL Icelandic Sheepdog Momma Dogs can be SO demanding LOL

Hi Folks

I love momma dogs, why is it that if they have their heads in a nice dark spot that they think I can't see their butts and big old belly out the rear end..

Well, I think that Vaskur really knew what he was doing and that Runa was ready on their first breeding, and that we will have puppies a bit early..

I was a bit surprised this morning, when a certain (always Staving MOM!) momma dog to be didn't want her breakfast.. hmmmm tip off number one..

Then came the walk up and give you the "STARE"- I want something from you.. hmmmm Tip number 2 that something is up...

Then comes the I will check out every corner and dark spot on the main floor, even though I have already checked them before and declared them not good enough for MY pups.. but still tip off number 3.. digging on the bare floor with a look at me.. like.. hello where is my Blankets!!!

Finally as if I needed it, I was already setting up the day bed, and was in and out of the laundry room and who comes out with a big towel between her teeth that was stole from the clean laundry basket on the floor- Tip Four.. If you don't give me bedding I will just take it!

LOL... So now she has her very own den in the living room, complete with cover, tons of dog blankets to dig and move around to her hearts content, and when it was all put together, she walked in.. and settled down.. and nothing now.... so now we wait!

Needless to say, I am going to guess that we will have puppies today or tomorrow, will keep you posted..

Once she is alot closer, we will move downstairs to the real birthing box in our Master Bedroom, but I don't want to be tied to the bedroom all day and I do want to be able to keep a very close eye on her, so this is the middle ground, she is happy and I can still do my chores and housework, while listening for the sounds of digging etc.

I really hope she waits for Valentine day!!! How cool would that be...

Count down for puppies--- SOON-VERY SOON!

Have a great day from the Waggy Tailed Icelandic Sheepdog Gang.

No comments: