Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Great workout for the dogs yesterday

Hello Folks

Well, its one tired and sore owner today but I feel better then I could I guess, LOL

What a great day yesterday was, the weather was amazing, a bit hotter then I would have liked, given that the dogs had to spend parts of the day in the truck, but, we were able to keep all windows open and to make sure a bucket of water was available at all times, plus I check the temp, there was a nice cool breeze, but its clearly time to crack out the crate fans..

So morning was spent getting thing ready for me to be gone from the farm for the afternoon/evening, and the truck was loaded with four dogs by noon and we were on the road..

So Zander had obedance class at 1pm, and he did really good, his heeling and recalls where right on, still a bit weak on the far sit stay, he wants to be with me so badly, and I was losing my voice at the time, which so didn't help matters. Still it was a good class and lots of great work done.

Then came my privates, so one of the issues we had at the last show with Freyja was she was great with Linda until she had to work behind myself and Zander in the ring, and then she was focused on myself to much, and wanted to work with me instead.. so this was one of the thing we practised in privates was working the dogs, me in front with Zander and Freyja and Kim directly behind etc..

Then I noticed that Freyja didn't seem to be having as good of reach and drive as normal.. so we started gaiting her and realize that although so very minor that walking around, you can't see it, that she was just the tinyest bit lame on the front right leg.. so we stopped there, and no agility training for her, so in truth by now, I am totally fried, so Kim says well lets train Freyja's brain.. and she goes and get her bell..

Well, I love watching kim work, she is so amazing.. now some of the credit goes to Freyja for being a very smart cookie, and some goes to me, for clicker training her since she could walk :) but within ten minutes Kim had her trained to walk over and ring the bell with her foot, and was up to two rings by the end :) What a team!!

Now I am going to have to go buy my own bell to keep the practise up LOL but its a very cute trick for children.

So for the next two weeks, no agility training, no real major runs etc, so it will be all about trick training for Freyja while we make sure that leg heals well. I admit that I am hoping that it will be healed enough that she can still be shown this weekend, that gives her four days.. before the first show.. should work..

So I was to have supper with Nat and Jason, and I decided that I really need to rest, not doing my walmart shopping as planned before picking up Jason at the bus stop, and heading out for dinner with Nat as well.. So showed up a extra hour and half at Nat's and we moved all the dogs into the backyard to hang out with us, well company just kept arriving( it was game night) and we ordered in Pizza, so it was a nice visit with friends, and the dogs worked the deck from person to person :)

So on to advanced Agiltiy training at 6:30 and it was both good and bad.. I honestly don't know what happened to Dalla last night, she was a nut!, when focused and working, great as always but I don't know if it was me or Dalla or a combo of both, but we had a hard time with it.. Not my best night, and while I would like to place all blame on myself, Dalla for the first time in years, decided to not have a solid come recall, and ring zoomies, now to a point if she had not just had lose time for three hours in the backyard, I might have cut slack on been in the truck all afternoon but that was not the case.. I truly don't know what got into her, but by about half way though class, we had worked out a number of the issues, but still didn't really hit our groove..

Jason and Ada on the other hand, other then a break in start line stay's, where grooving right along, they did really well, and I had to laugh at Jason, he does not work the dogs at home, that is my job, and so he had not really worked with Ada for awhile, (since the last class) and she has come along way since then in both inhome and private training and so she has a great deal more speed, and he was needing to RUN to get to the ends to say, "spot" which is great, I want that speed to keep coming up..

So then off to walmart for the required items (including new flipflops as my old ones, ended up in a game of puppy keep away last week and came out the worse for it), and then home, last of the chores that I could not do before leaving and bed.. ah, heavenly soft, comfy bed..until 3 am, when for some unknown reason, (we were both sound alseep) CRASH! and SMASH, and the lamp got knocked over, and we were up for the next ten min cleaning and vacooming so that no little pieces of glass where left behind and then back to bed..

Hope you guys all had a great day as well

Barks

No comments: