Monday, January 29, 2007

Training ideas for your Icelandics Sheepdogs


Hello Folks

Wow, I was reading Sharon S of Belglen's Kennels training article in the Canadian Icelandic Sheepdog Clubs newsletter and she had gone to a Sue Ailsby Seminar and is doing a two article write up and its a very good overview of the seminar, but she also included a link to Sue's website for a training program with clicker that she has free for anyone that would like to download, so last night I read though it, and I love it, what a wonderful training tool.. I printed it all off and did lots of extra work sheets for some of my dogs. I love that it understands that you need to have progress and the check off sheet as your dog learns each new step is so! helpful, in the training part, she also addresses some of the most common issues or behaviours that the puppy or dog might do and gives some advice for each one..

I will keep you posted in the future on how well the training sheets and the check off sheets work, but considering that I run a speadsheet on my training, so I can keep track of where everyone is and what has been done, the odds are for me at least, I will quite like it.

Anyway, if you have some time to devote to learning, I highly recommend that you check out Sue's website, and if you are short on time, and lets face it , most of us are, print the lessions out, and start at lession one and work your way thought it,and please let me know how the training goes if you would like, or feel free to send photos and I will post some training photos.

www.dragonflyllama.com

Barks from the greenstone doggy crew, bring on the hotdogs mom!!! and lets get training..

No comments: