Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Herding News!! Greenstone Thunder HCT, HJD

Hello Folks

Well Breed History has been made again by Greenstone Thunder in AHBA!! Go Icelandics!

Greenstone Thunder HCT, JHD, went to a AHBA Trial this past weekend and he now has his first leg of HTD 1.. Way to go Deb and Thunder!!

Only one more leg to go and he will have his HTD 1.. very cool..

I wish I could say that there is photos but Doug was not able to make the trail and so no photos from the event.. they will see if they can get photos and video from the next one..

Happy Holidays.. Doug is getting his own Greenstone Herding Icelandic, Greenstone Cleo is joining the family! and I am looking forward to posting her own wins in the future! but most of all I am just happy that both Thunder and Cleo are happy and well-loved members of their Family.

I am also Honored as a breeder, because this is the third family that has come back in two or three years for a second Icelandic Sheepdog from my home to theirs! That means so MUCH to me, I can't tell you how proud and happy I am that my puppy owners like my dogs and me enough to come back for a second when the time is right.

I know that Jill at Pineridge had the honor this year of someone coming back for two wonderful ISD puppies, after their first Pineridge Icelandic Sadly passed away in her old age.. and of course they wanted another Icelandic.. While I do hope for my babies sakes, that its a long time coming! that I will have that honor someday in the future as well..

"Herding Trial Dog classes, with levels HTD I, II and III, take place on a standard course. All levels include an outrun, lift, fetch, wear and/or drive, and pen (the pen may be on the fence for the started level, but is free-standing for the higher levels). At the started level, the outrun is short and the handler may accompany the dog and sheep throughout the course. At the intermediate level, the outrun is longer and the handler may accompany the dog only partway through the course. At the advanced level, the outrun is longer, the handler remains at the handler's post until time to pen, and after the pen there is an additional exercise (removing a ribbon from a marked sheep). HTD trials are designed to be held in large fields, but may be held in arenas with special permission. "

No comments: