Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Icelandic Sheepdog Puppy Available


Hello Folks


Well this update is going to be mismash of info, so first, a art type photo of a Greenstone Pup on the run in the fields and the camera got the pup no quite blurry but blurred the background.. I love it personally, so wanted to share..


Training news: Zander is in Rally-O training, doing ok at it, but mom can't figure out where her feet are to go.. I can see that it will be me that has more problems then him.. was that a turn left or a turn right.. o ya, read the sign again.
I have a handling class once a week, and I will be moving who is going around, but mainly Freyja and Duchess will be going..
Puppy Classes: Well at this time, Duke and Duchess are going.. with puppy Privates for Olof and Cleo.. everyone is coming along very well in term of housebreaking and training time.
New Call Name annoucement- So Greenstone DuchessofYork new call name is Aron, and so from now on, when writing about her in a non-formal way, I will refer to her as Aron.
Maria went to her new home on the weekend, and what a lovely couple and their other dog is very beautiful and well trained, I think that Maria is a very lucky young lady, Maria's new call name is Rowen.
Show Updates and Info
Well, As most of you have seen from the blog, I have been out of touch for awhile, Man, what a busy late summer/Fall.. between the first National CISC Booster in Calgary, my Family reunion in Aug, then getting the moterhome ready and driving it out late Aug/First of Sept, then Mother-in-law visits, Mother visits, and then late fall work (garden/canning/preserves) hit hard.. and on top of that, two litter of puppies that require and demand a great deal of time, so shows kind of went to the side.. but don't worry, we have plans to get out and about in 2008.
We are planning on starting our Showing again in Feb of next year, our year goals are:
Finish Ada to her CKC Championship - Needs four points
Finish Freyja to her CKC Championship - Needs one points
Finish Aron to her CKC Championship - Needs all ten points :)
and work towards having Top ISD in Canada with either Freyja or Aron.
As far as I know, Greenstone Black Pearl Aka Freyja is Canada's # 1 Top Icelandic Sheepdog for 2007. I believe she is also Top Icelandic Sheepdog Puppy for 2007. I could not be more proud of her.
Aron's father Ch Belglen Riddari, who I believe is Canada's #2 Top Icelandic Sheepdog for 2007, and her mother is Tofra Dalla, Mother to Ch. Greenstone AJay, #1 Top Icelandic Sheepdog for 2006.. I am expecting great things from Greenstone DuchessofYork akc Aron in the show rings for 2008.
Show information and updates to follow as it gets closer.
Hip Information:
Greenstone DuchessofYork has had her Puppy X-ray Prelims on her Hips, and they look wonderful! She is starting of life with very clean hips, now we just keep on looking forward and it will be interesting to see what her adult HD rates turn out like.
This year will be the first year that we will have adult two year old results to go up against Greenstone Puppy Prelims, and I am greatly looking forward to seeing how well they match up, but am fully aware that it will take many more years of tests (at puppy and adult) to confirm and create a databank of information.
Chocolate Gene: Exciting news, I love a good proper chocolate Tri, my goodess they are good looking Icelandic Sheepdogs, Now I will admit that I don't like Dilute Chocolate tri's or Brown pigmented dogs or even cream dogs with brown pigments..
But I do believe that the "real" Chocolate Tri in our breed is important and worth preserving, so in keeping with that, I am taking the proactive step of having all my orginal import dogs tested by VetGen for the chocolate gene, (this is a recessive gene, and now can be tested with a simple genetic test) and if any of my orginal import/Foundation stock dogs come back postive, I will then start testing their offspring that are in kennel or co-owned with me.
So stay tune in the future to see all the dogs results posted, and if we have a boy and girl pop back postive, you can expect to see a breeding in the future, and maybe a full pigmented, stunning dark Chocolate Tri Greenstone Icelandic in a show ring near you!
Well in other news, Hnuks Putti aka Ulli is going to committee on Dec 5th and so we will be able to get Greenstone Born in A storm done after that, and then his litter and offspring soon afterwards.. so that is good news, but still going to take some time to get that last grandfather's paperwork done.
Planned Coming Litters- Always a good idea to get on the reservation list if you are interested in a Greenstone Puppy, most of the time when it comes to pet puppies, most of them are reserved before being born, or very shortly afterwards.
If you are looking for a Possable Show/Breeder Qaulity Icelandic Sheepdog, then Greenstone Kennel is one of the best to look at, we stand by our show record. We would be happy to send you a complete list of our Canadian Success.
Runa is due to come into heat at the end of Dec/07, and we are planning a breeding between her and Vaskur, for chincilla (cream) and Black Silver Tri, med and long coated puppies.
Folda is Due to come into heat in March/08, and we are planning a breeding with her as well. Stud to be annouced.
Then much to my amazement, Freyja is old enough and will be ready to be breed, it will depend on how she is doing in the show rings, but if she is to be breed, we are hoping to breed her to Greenstone Josey Wales.
Then comes Dalla again in late 2008/2009, and we are hoping to take her to Greenstone Voodoo Child, and for Greenstone Ada, we have our eyes on Greenstone Sharp Dressed Man.
Its going to be a couple very exciting and busy years ahead of us.. My older girls are on their last litters, and my younger girls are just starting to have their firsts.. I guess its just going to be a few years of crossovers.
Available Icelandic Sheepdog Puppies.
One Red Pied Long coated Male Puppy available for co-own, I would really like to see this guy grown out and maybe shown in the future. Please contact me if you would like more informaton.
Barks

No comments: