Saturday, May 27, 2006

Icelandics Sheepdogs at the Ottawa Kennel Club Show May 26 2006


Hello Folks

What a day!! I am thrilled to annouce that under renowned CKC judge Mrs Betty McHugh, Greenston AJay went Best of Breed in a class of Seven Icelandics Sheepdogs, and went on to make history with the first group placing in CKC, bringing home a Group Third. I can not begin to tell you how excited and amazed I am to have gotten a group placement on one of my greenstone Icelandic Sheepdogs at this time. I was told over and over again that it would take months to years before a new breed would place in group.

So here is the details

Best of Breed- Greenstone Ajay-3 pt win (Total of Five Championship points to date)
Best of Opposite Sex- Greenstone Ada-3 pt win (for a total of six championship points to date)

In Females
1st- Greenstone Ada
2nd-Folda
3rd- Tofra Dalla Hectordottir
4- Belglen Runa of Greenstone

Best Icelandics Sheepdog Puppy- Belglen Roskva

As Greenstone Ajay took a 3rd in Group, he maxed out his points to a full five point win day!! the most that anyone dog can win in a single day..

All dogs are listed at this time. In regards to what is required to finish a CKC championship, ten championship points, with a min of one two point win and must have points under at least three judges. I have attached the show photo.. Everyone have a great day, and I can't wait to see what the rest of the weekend brings!

It was a cool damp morning and a early one at that up by 5 am and out the door by 6:30 am to make it to the dog show by 8 am. The dogs were excited and it was controlled madness as I was handing out dogs and numbers to handlers, and everyone went off to practice with their own dogs, to find the right pace and movement for them.

So finally into the ring we went, I had to hide so that Ajay could not hear or see me, as like all my dogs, they are attached and the handlers say to attached. So after Ajay went, then comes female class, and as its a class of six females that is big, and I truly wondered who would be placed where, the judge is a known for being big on sound movement and structure as well as type.

I was so proud of my hubby Jason, I had given him Dalla because I didn't think she could place or win because of her loose more open tail etc, but I was so surprised, Dalla did her father proud and hauling Jason to handling classes did pay off, he did her down/back perfect and he moved her out like a dream in the around the ring, and she has really nice sound movement. Folda was being a bit of a brat in that she was sure that she should sit everytime we stopped moving and every time someone walked up to her, but to be fair to her considering she does therapy and that is what I ask of her, I can understand why she did so, still what a pretty girl she was in the ring, still has a weak front end so was pleased and a bit surprised that she took reserve female.

So here is the show photo, We were all so busy in the ring, that we never got a single photo of the group, there is no one left over to use the digitals..

Its been lovely to see Scott and Laura again and to meet their little girl, Let me tell you folks, that is a Icelandic to watch in the future, she is going to ROCK the show ring!!! She has "it" in droves, and her owners and Sharon of Belglen will be very proud of this girl both now and when she grows up. Kolur from Pineridge is her father and he helped give her the most amazing long hair coat, and wonderful black mask.

Respectfully a very excited Valerie

No comments: