Monday, July 09, 2007

CERF Update Results, and coming litters plus New Ch Tofra Lagsi of Greenstone photos




Hello Folks




Welcome to this fine raining monday morning at Greenstone Kennel. Well its been a bit since I wrote so will break up a few things into different areas of news.
Lets start with the amazing photos of Ch Tofra Lagsi of Greenstone Kennel, Grandma Sharp outdid herself on these photos, the first one of Lagsi curling himself up for a sleep in Northpole Sherman's bed, nice big bed for a nice big old Ragdoll boy, but not so big when a Icelandic Sheepdog is trying to fit as well :) Show's off Lagsi sweet and snuggly side and his wonderful depth of color in his markings.. I love that Lagsi is such a pretty boy, one of the nicest show marked red/white/black pieds, I have seen over the years.
The second picture cracks me up, this shows Lagsi playful side, he is with string in his mouth convincing Ticky Boo that playing with him is the "BEST" fun LOL..
Thank you so much Grandma Verla for the wonderful photos of Lagsi but also the wonderful happy photos of Ticky -Boo and that handsome Sherman! Everyone looks so very happy and health.
Ch Tofra Lagsi was born in Norway, imported in to the US, where he had two litters under the Aldebaren Kennel Name, and then was imported into Canada and into the Greenstone Kennel at the age of two, and he has been living with Grandma Sharp ever since.
CERF Updates: Tofra Dalla and Greenstone Ada, (upcoming momma dogs) have gotten their CERF Renewals for 2007, for more information on Greenstone CERF results for the past seven years please check out this link. If you have a Greenstone Puppy and it is over the age of two and if you would like to consider getting a CERF exam so I can continue to track the eye health of the breeding lines, I would be grateful. I will look up and find you the nearest CERF vet or CERF clinic in your area to help in this if you are interested.
Puppy news:
Dalla is huge!!! I never seen a female this big this early, and the puppies can be felt moving, I was laying with her, she is being a very sucky female, and so both Jason and myself find ourselves stopping many times during the day to just snuggle her.. she seems to need it, but it does not help the work LOL but whatever Dalla needs she gets.. and who could resist her brown eyes and soft muzzle resting on you to see if you might like to stop and give her a snuggle, and she wants a full body hug/snuggle on the coach and then she sighs and closes her eyes in contentment while I give her a very! gentle massage.. spoiled baby she is LOL
I don't know, either the puppies are going to be big, or she has a Big Litter, the most puppies ever born at Greenstone was six, but only five lived.. and I have a feeling that she is going to break that record this time round.
Ada is starting to show now as well, she is the normal size for a female at her stage in the game..
So in keeping with the dogs and their puppies.. I have as always been doing research and found that there was two things that were wonderful for developing smarter puppies in the womb, one is found in the trace minerals in Seaweed, second is found in farm fresh eggs( found in regular eggs to, but at a much reduced rate) and so I have created my expecting mother cookies, well more like a big breakfast snack.
I don't know if you can make this recipe without a farm but you can try if you have a good health food store?
Expecting Cookies and or making smarter puppies
6 Farm Fresh Eggs (I perfer Ducks, as it givens me double the yolk to white, and what I am after is in the yolk)
1 cup whole fresh (just milked) Goats milk
I Tablespoon Fresh Ground Flax seed
1/2 Teaspoon of fresh top of the line Norway ground Kelp
1/2 Traces Gold/Silver/Copper water
The eggs, Milk are beaten together and then the flour is added I start with two cups, and then add the extra's on top and mix together then start adding about half a cup or less till it is a stiff dough, and then I roll it out and place on cookie sheet (make one large sheet, about half an inch high) and I cut it with Pizza cutter into big sqaures and cook for ten min at 350 and then turn oven off and leave all day if possable or over night to harden, the females have been getting this since breeding- 3 cookies per day as snacks.. everyone else gets one cookie per day only.
I got the Flax, Norway Kelpt and Mineral trace water at the health store.
So we will see if it helps, I had read a paper, once I see if I get the effects I am after I will let you know the link to the paper and see if anyone else wants to try it as well.
Well otherwise, life is busy but good, regular farm chores, and lots of work to do, thrilled to have the rain over the weekend and they say rain off and on all week, we can use it, the gardens can use it, the well can use it etc.. but it means can't mow the lawn right now either and it could use it, o well its always a give an take on these things.
Garden is coming along well, enjoying it very much this year..
Spent a great deal of time Grooming dogs this weekend, and a bit of time on runs and training.. Looking forward to the show in Kar's on the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd.. I think the dogs will do very well at it..
So that is about it, everyone have a great day.
Barks

No comments: